writer of books, plays, letters, emails, tweets, texts, etc.
ROSE ZARELLI, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make...
1) I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?
2) I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.
3) High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)
Here are some other vocab words that describe my life:
Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.
(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)
(Sorry. That was rude.)
ROSE ZARELLI 2.0 here—2.0, as in, innovative...superior...improved.
Improved how? Glad you asked. This year, I will not:
1) Do things just because other people want me to.
2) Randomly shoot off my mouth.
3) Worry about whether I'm someone's girlfriend—or not.
So, what will I do this year?
1) Find my thing and be who I want to be.
2) Learn when to speak up—and when to shut up.
3) Tell off Jamie Forta and move on.
I'm older and smarter now—I can totally pull this off.
How hard can it be?
ROSE ZARELLI is done confessing because confessions are for people who have done something wrong.
And I haven't done anything wrong. Here, I'll prove it to you.
1) After my mother got that call, I “borrowed” her car. (Because you can’t steal your mother’s car, can you?) I don’t really remember driving downtown, but I do remember...
2) …getting past the bouncer at Dizzy’s (I mean, it’s his job to spot a fake ID, so that’s on him)…
3) …and then later, telling my mother the truth about the bar but lying about how I got in.
(A truth totally cancels out a lie, right?)
After all, what’s a little duplicity when finding Jamie Forta is the only thing that’s going to keep you from losing what’s left of your mind?
See? Junior year is off to a great start.